Thursday, November 6, 2008

So What About Marketing On A Budget?

So if you're just starting out marketing, and you only have a little bit of cash on hand, how do you get up and running and get noticed and get prospects to your web site?

Well, there are several ways to do it without spending an arm and a leg.

When I got my first web site up and I was all excited and just revved up to go out there and tackle Google PPC advertising, I thought I knew what I was doing, and I ended up spending thousands of dollars for a few hundred leads...and only signed up a couple of people into my business. What a shock that was after a few months. I was pretty disappointed and broke.

I knew I had to find a better way to get seen, without spending all that money - especially money I didn't have! My budget was pretty tight. So...I learned some other methods of advertising that work quite well.

One HUGE way of advertising right now is to get videos up on YouTube. Right now it's free, and YouTube is watched more that television these day! Unbelievable! So maybe you're a bit nervous to put up a video...I think everyone feels that way at first. But after a few vids, it becomes easier and easier to put yourself out there in front of people. And it can be fun too!

Another way of advertising would be to write articles. It's mildly time consuming, but once you submit your article and you start seeing your work out there, and it's organic traffic and free leads, you'll understand that a few minutes writing articles every week is totally worth it. Ezinearticles.com is the most trafficked web site in the whole world. I would definitely start there!

Of course there are blogs, like this one. Blogging is another great source of providing traffic to your web site. And they are also fun because you really get to be yourself in your blog.

I use all three of these methods for my business and I found that it really does pay off to be constant and consistent.

If you want to check out more about what I'm doing, check out my web site at http://www.WealthInMarketing.com.

No comments: