Monday, November 10, 2008

Scared of Using YouTube?

I recently learned that YouTube is watched more than t.v. That in itself is amazing to me...more than t.v.? Really? Wow.

So I guess it's safe to say that marketing online using YouTube as a marketing tool would be a good idea - considering how much it's viewed, right? Absolutely!

So what if you're camera shy? I know I was. It's kind of weird to see yourself for the first time, how you look on camera. I noticed that I talk with one side of my mouth more than the other, and I say "um" a lot and I also open my eyes too wide sometimes. But, this is me. It's how I am. And I realize that.

Of course I want my videos to look good and get my message across in a good way so that my audience can really perceive my message - and I'm in no way going to be perfect.

I guess the only way to get rid of the nervousness in front of the camera is to just do it. Like the nervousness most of us felt the first time we needed to start calling prospects. Wow - that phone felt like it weighed 200 lbs. the first time I tried calling people. Eh - it's a growing process...after all, they are just people on the other end of the phone line, or sitting at their computer watching your video.

So I say, just go for it, put yourself out there. Let yourself be seen, in all your flaws and everything. It might even make you more approachable if you're not so perfect. And maybe your prospects will have more confidence in themselves that they can do it too.

And it's fun too.

If you want to see one of the things I'm doing for marketing right now, just check out my site at http://www.wealthinmarketing.com/ or give me a call...720.351.0936.

No comments: